As of March 2021:
We commit to:
- Being respectful and professional at all times while interacting with you on behalf of Jiggity.
- Updating terms of service and policies as needed.
- Ensuring that all businesses selling on the website are situated in Atlantic Canada.
- Assisting you (if desired) in signing up for the POST promise, in order to deliver a standard of safety for walk in customers.
- Aiding your business in communicating services and providing phone support to customers.
- Being responsive to your needs when we receive communication from you.
- Providing a secure platform for buyers to buy, and sellers to sell in a local marketplace.
- Ensuring that appropriate categories and features are added on the website when needed.
- Monitoring the website to ensure that categories have products showing.
- Managing vendors to ensure that customers are able to purchase available products.
- Helping your business grow by providing a free three month trial of selling online.
- Supporting you in setting up your online store.
- Actively marketing jiggity.ca via free and paid online, print, and radio advertising.
You agree to:
- Continue ownership and operation of your business from Atlantic Canada.
- Follow the rules and regulations of Jiggity as outlined in the terms of service and policies.
- Treat your online store as another storefront for your business.
- Provide information about how customers may contact you.
- Be respectful and professional at all times while interacting with customers.
- Review the information packages for important information when setting up your store, i.e. how to write a product description.
- Communicate with your customers in regards to purchases made at your store.
- Respond to orders in a timely and professional manner.
- Provide updated and accurate store policies for shipping, and returns and refunds. In the absence of these policies, you recognize and respect that customers will default to Jiggity policy.
- Sell goods, digital items, or services that comply with local, provincial and federal laws.
- Maintain updated product/service inventory for customer purchases.
- Provide promotional sales through your online store similar to the ones provided in store.
- Set up a time within the first 2 weeks after signing up for a 1.5 - 2 hour orientation with the Project Manager. This may include learning how to upload products, getting your about page set up, learning how to navigate the back end or getting your Stripe account set up. Any questions that you may have will be answered.
- Prior to this meeting please:
- Gather pictures and names for your first set of products, and write clear descriptions for those items.
- Gather your banking information, and preferably sign up with Stripe.
- Write your “about” information and gather any website or social media links.
- Prior to this meeting please:
- Complete at least one follow up meeting / phone call with the Project Manager after the initial meeting to ask any questions you may have.
- Demonstrate (reasonable) active participation on the website every month. This may look like:
- Responding to emails / phone calls from Jiggity.
- Asking questions for situations that are challenging.
- Updating inventory on your store.
- Fulfilling orders within a reasonable time frame.
- Adding new products, and managing old ones.
- Updating store information (i.e. hours) on your “about” page.
- A trial period of three months is being offered by AACC, during which time you will not pay a monthly fee or commission on sales. Please note: Normal payment processing fees still apply.
- You do not need to commit to maintain your store on Jiggity beyond the first three months.
- Following the initial three month time period, continuing to participate on the website will require a paid plan that will include a monthly fee plus commission on sales. Additional payment processing fees will apply.
You also recognize that:
- Jiggity is not liable for interactions which happen on the website.
- In the event that a vendor is inactive on the website they will:
- Be contacted by email after 1 month of inactivity.
- Be contacted by phone after 2 months of inactivity.
If these contact attempts are unsuccessful, or do not result in further action on the platform by the vendor, after 3 months of inactivity the vendor will be deleted from the Jiggity platform.
- If a vendor would like to use Jiggity again after being deleted they will need to demonstrate a stronger commitment to activity on the platform before having their store approved.